Preparation and deadline on how to finalize and deliver your thesis:
- Deadline for delivery your version of the thesis to your supervisor is 19 June 2019 (supervisor is allowed to agree on another deadline, but green light needs to be available on 25 June 2019). It is important that you have a clear agreement with your supervisor about the version to be published as your final BSc thesis.
- Some supervisors can ask you to upload the final version of your thesis to CANVAS. We do expect the pre-final versions to be in CANVAS in order to check them with on plagiarism.
- You need to upload your thesis to the UT repository (http://essay.utwente.nl/. It needs to be the version that will be graded by your examiners. According to the planning, you have to upload the final version of your thesis 3 July 2019 at the latest to UT repository, the deadline is set on 17:00 PM. You also have to send the last version of your thesis to this e-mail.
- UT policy is that your thesis will be accessible for everyone. If there is a reason to have restricted publication, approval of the examination board is necessary for the decision about a confidential status of a thesis. The UT library will take care of it and also will inform the programme and examination board.
- Only after your final version is uploaded, before 3 July 2019, your BSc thesis project can be finished and a diploma can be given!
- Your thesis needs to be available on the website of the conference on 9 July 2019
Presentation of Theses on 9 July 2019
- You are expected to present your thesis in English.
- The UT house style http://www.utwente.nl/huisstijl/en/ is the standard in powerpoint presentations.
- As a student, you are responsible to upload your presentation on the desktop of the computer in the room where you will present your thesis before the session starts (preferably 30 minutes beforehand)!
- Be aware that if you use special features in your presentation you check them.
- Each presentation, in total, is planned for 20 minutes including discussion.
- We prefer you to present in 10 minutes such that 10 minutes discussion is left. At least 5 minutes need to be available for discussion.
- You and your guests are expected to participate the whole session. Students and their guest are kindly asked to participate in the discussions after presentations.
Invite family and friends for the graduation Ceremony
- The ceremony starts at 16.15 and takes place in building WA1
- We offer this ceremony also to students who present their thesis on 9 July 2019, but do not graduate yet, because they have to finish one or more courses. We would like these students and their guest to join us. They will receive a certificate instead of a diploma, so they are also part of the signing ceremony.
- It would be nice if you invite family and friends for 9 July 2019. They are welcome the whole day (see programme). No invitations will be sent by the University. Please fill in the registration form to register your family and friends. During the day there will be coffee and tea breaks. Lunch should be arranged by you and your guests yourself. To celebrate the good results together we offer you and your guests drinks and snacks after the graduation ceremony. The final schedule will be published on the conference site and CANVAS on 4 July 2019 the latest.
- Before the ceremony starts, all guests are asked to enter room [WA1] to find a seat. All students who defended their thesis have to wait outside, because they enter the room together.
- During the ceremony, pictures will be taken by a professional photographer. The picture will be taken when you receive your diploma/certificate. However, during the sessions, your guests are welcome to take pictures of you, so tell them to bring their camera!
If you travel by car you can park at P1 and P2. A map of the campus can be found here. Please be aware there is a parking policy at the Campus!