This app is based on the positive psychology and mindfulness, and exists that have proven to be helpful. Positive psychology aims to support the resilience, and has proven to be effective in a large number of studies. Mindfulness aims to increase awareness of what we experience at each moment, instead of being in our head (i.e. focus on our thoughts).
The app consists of exercises around six themes:
- Points of light: learn how the little things can be helpful
- Strength-based empowerment: learn to know and use your strenghts
- Attention to yourself: become kinder for yourself
- Balanced relationships: enhance your relationships
- Accept & Let Go: discover the power to change what you can change, the courage to accept what you cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference
- Ask and receiving help: learn to ask, refuse and accept help
You are free to choose the order of these themes, in other words choose what grabs your attention or what you think can be helpful the most for you. Each theme exists of four exercises and one bonus exercise. This bonus exercise can be helpful to learn more about a theme and can require sometimes a bit more time.