When students choose to take courses outside the UT in the minor of the bachelor or in the free elective of the master, it is important that these courses are approved in advance by the examination board.
The application for approval of courses outside the UT must at least contain the following:
- A well-founded request;
- Information about the course(s) to be followed:
- Name of course(s);
- Subject code;
- Learning objectives.
- A motivation of the student when choosing for not previously approved courses. What is the additional value of this course on your list? Think about:
- What is the added value for you as 'Biomedical Engineer'?
- What is the added value for your master's assignment?
- If extracurriculair (on top of the 60ECs) think also of:
- Why should the Board of Examiners grant you permission to follow these courses?
- What is the added value of following those courses as BME/UT student?
- What is the added value of following those courses for you as person?
- Are the courses on a academic level, and if not, why should the be visible on your diploma supplement (as extracurriculair courses)?
It is recommended to send you request to the studyadvisers first for feedback and/or input regarding the motivation.
Check the meeting schedule of the board of examiners for the deadline for submitting your request.