Bachelor EE

As a Bachelor you have the opportunity to study abroad for half a year. In your curriculum space has been reserved for this purpose:

  • you may replace your minor by studying elsewhere (20 EC);
  • sometimes you can expand this minor to a minor of 30 EC by, after consultation, adding subjects that may be included instead of (elective) courses from your programme. This is only allowed with the consent of the examination Board.

This way you can even attend up to 30 EC in subjects/projects abroad. There is (limited) financial support from Twente University (TMF-funding).

Normally a choice for the first semester is to be expected (instead of a minor), however the second semester is also an option. But it is also possible to attend only part of a semester. How does it work?


  1. You decide you prefer to do 20-30 EC abroad
  2. You look at the list of universities with whom we have an agreement. On this list are the universities with whom we have a contract, which means there is a good range of subjects (english) available as well as organizational agreements (help with finding a room etc.)
  3. Check:
  4. You may decide to look at what other universities have to offer by yourself
  5. You define your preferences and you will contact the coordinator (Jan Schut)
  6. Together with him you draft a potential list of subjects (you check the website to see what subjects exactly are being offered, whether the subjects are at least post-P level, whether the subjects are given in the right semester etc. and, with some guidance, there will be a 20-30 EC plan)
  7. This list of subjects is written down in a so-called ‘learning agreement’ after which you and your coordinator will sign it and send it to the university of your choice
  8. The receiving university assesses the “learning agreement” and signs for approval
  9. A standard procedure follows under the supervision of de International Offices of the university of your choice and our own university in order to make all preparations.

As you can see thorough preparation is required; start in time! Generally all preparations take four months to make. Just to be on the safe side it is advised to take into account a margin of half a year: some universities have deadlines for registration a few months before the beginning of the semesters. Coördinator internationalisering drs. Jan Schut


Coordinator internationalization: drs. Jan Schut, ZI A108,