Tuition fee and programme costs

Whether you choose for a double degree or one master degree with an additional exchange semester at the TUB, you need to stay enrolled at the UT when you are following courses (including exams and working on your master thesis). If you do not pay your tuition fee, you are not entitled to use the services of the UT. Students can de-enroll anytime, but can only re-enroll in September and February. At the TUB all students have to pay registration costs for each semester (approx 270 euro) they are enrolled at the TUB.

De-enrolment for UT students

If you are going to the TU Berlin as part of the IME double degree programme, you can de-enrol from the University of Twente if:

a.You do not follow or make us out of any education at the University of Twente, you do not use any educational facilities of the University of Twente (for example supervision), and you neither participate in any (re-)exams.

b.You do not receive any kind of financial support, scholarship (for example ‘studiefinanciering’), or OV card for which you need an enrollment at the University of Twente.

De-enrolling is at your own risk and on your own initiative. You can find more information on how to de-enrol at

If you wish to re-enrol upon your return to the University of Twente you need to take the regular starting moment of the Master programme into account (1 February and 1 September) and re-enroll in time; at least 1 month before the start of the programme at the UT, by sending an email to

Please note that you cannot derive any rights from this information. For the most up-to-date information and if you have any questions on enrolment, re-enrolment, de-enrolment or tuition fees, please contact Student Services directly;


Students opting for one semester at the TUB (as an exchange student) that are not participating in the double degree may be eligible for an Erasmus scholarship. If you want to apply for an Erasmus scholarship, please consider the deadlines! For more information on scholarships for exchange students see:

If you are opting for the double degree version (120 EC, two diploma’s) you can not apply for the Erasmus scholarship. We are currently investigating other scholarship possibilities. Please note that we can not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship when you are opting for the double degree.