Admission requirements

The number of students who can opt for the double degree is limited. Therefore, a selection will be made. In order to be admitted to the double degree programme, the following requirements have to be fulfilled before you can go to Berlin:

  • A completed bachelor degree
  • 30 EC (at least 25 EC) completed from the MSc BA-programme
  • Sufficient English language skills (master is taught entirely in English)


If you want to apply for the double degree take into account the application procedure and deadlines. If you are not already an UT student, please contact A. Muller MSc. for more information on your specific entry requirements. If you are already a UT-student, you should send your application to Dr. M.L. Ehrenhard.

Your application should include a transcript of records of your master degree, as well as a copy of your bachelor degree. Moreover, you should write a letter of motivation as to why you want to opt for the double degree. Finally, include a short resume (c.v.).


  • Going to Berlin in April: Apply before December 10
  • Going to Berlin in October: Apply before May 10

When opting for an Erasmus exchange at TUB, you should fill out the application form for ‘Study abroad’ (Blackboard -> Organizations -> Study Abroad) and hand it in before September 15 (if you want to go abroad during Spring semester) or February 1 (Autumn semester).

Contact the coordinator Internationalisation if you want to opt for an Erasmus exchange at TUB (

  • Exchange Spring semester: deadline application September 15
  • Exchange Autumn semester: deadline application February 1

De-enrolment for UT students

If you are going to the TU Berlin as part of the IME double degree programme, you can de-enrol from the University of Twente if:

a.You do not follow or make us out of any education at the University of Twente, you do not use any educational facilities of the University of Twente (for example supervision), and you neither participate in any (re-)exams.

b.You do not receive any kind of financial support, scholarship (for example ‘studiefinanciering’), or OV card for which you need an enrollment at the University of Twente.

De-enrolling is at your own risk and on your own initiative. You can find more information on how to de-enrol at

If you wish to re-enrol upon your return to the University of Twente you need to take the regular starting moment of the Master programme into account (1 February and 1 September) and re-enroll in time; at least 1 month before the start of the programme at the UT, by sending an email to

Please note that you cannot derive any rights from this information. For the most up-to-date information and if you have any questions on enrolment, re-enrolment, de-enrolment or tuition fees, please contact Student Services directly;