Financial Matters

Tuition fee and programme costs

If you choose for a double degree programme, you need to stay enrolled at the UT when you are following courses (including exams and working on your master thesis). If you do not pay your tuition fee, you are not entitled to use the services of the UT. Students can de-enrol anytime, but can only re-enrol in September and February.

De-enrolment for UT students

If you are going abroad as part of the double degree programme, you can de-enrol from the University of Twente if:

  1. You do not follow or make use out of any education at the University of Twente, you do not use any educational facilities of the University of Twente (for example supervision), and you neither participate in any (re-)exams;
  2. You do not receive any kind of financial support, scholarship (for example ‘studiefinanciering’), or OV card for which you need an enrolment at the University of Twente.

De-enrolling is at your own risk and on your own initiative. You can find more information on how to de-enrol at

If you wish to re-enrol upon your return to the University of Twente you need to take the regular starting moment of the Master programme into account (1 February and 1 September) and re-enrol in time; at least 1 month before the start of the programme at the UT, by sending an email to

Please note that you cannot derive any rights from this information. For the most up-to-date information and if you have any questions on enrolment, re-enrolment, de-enrolment or tuition fees, please contact Student Services directly;


We are currently investigating scholarship possibilities. Please note that we cannot guarantee that you will receive a scholarship when you are opting for the double degree.