The master’s programme is a two-year programme. The master’s programme is divided into two specializations, OR and SACS. Each student chooses a specialization and – within that specialization – a course programme. The curriculum consists of the following elements and a minimum of 120 EC.
- Continuous Optimization (6 EC) and Scientific Computing (6 EC);
- Pioneers of Applied Mathematics (5 EC);
- In addition for the OR specialization a minimum of three courses out of a list of six have to be chosen; in addition for the SACS specialization three core courses are obligatory;
- a minimum of 12 EC in national courses offered via https://elo.mastermath.nl. After you enroll locations etc. will show. The examination rules and prerequisites are also posted on this website;
- electives so that the total number of EC’s of courses in the first year adds up to at least 60*.
In the following table an overview of the courses is presented (click for larger download/pdf).
- Mandatory courses for all students in red.
- Mandatory courses for SACS students in blue.
- Mandatory courses for OR students in green.
- Elective courses in light blue (SACS) and light green (OR). Other possible elective courses (only after permission from chair) 201400174 Data Science, 201600070/1 Machine learning, 201300042 Limits to computing.
*Note. Depending on previous knowledge and the research area of your choice, the contact of your chair can add additional obligatory courses to your programme.
** Note. A combined internship and final project (60 EC), subject to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 external months, is permitted.