Do you remember your first time searching for a job? Did you succeed in getting a job in the field of your preference right away? What did you learn along the way? The UT Alumni Office organises another edition of the Career Café in corporation with UT Career Services. We are looking for UT alumni all over the world, who would like to share their career experiences with UT students in the final stage of their studies.
- Tuesday 5 October, 4 PM - 6 PM, on UT campus. This session is about the Twente region, so we invite all alumni working in Twente to join this session as a mentor.
- Thursday 7 October, 4 PM - 6 PM, online. This session is about working abroad or outside the Twente region, so we invite all alumni working outside of Twente to join this session as a mentor.
Why should you join?
- To make a difference for students and help them finding their own career path.
- To find nice future colleagues.
- To get an interesting opportunity to network with fellow alumni.
- Because it is meaningful, fun and informative to support students.
- To keep in touch with the University of Twente.
How does it work?
During the UT Online Career Café, alumni share their career experiences with small groups of max. three students, in two rounds of 45 minutes each. The students are invited to ask questions like:
- How did you find your first job?
- Did you plan to find a job in this specific field/country/city?
- What does your typical working day look like?
- What is the relevance of extra-curricular activities in the job hunt?
- Did you have a job interview and what questions were you asked?
- How did you experience the transition from studying to working?
As preparation for the Career Café we will setup an online meeting for all alumni who participate in this event. In this meeting, you will receive all necessary information about the career café and meet the other participating alumni. Of course, there is room to ask questions and to share experiences with the other alumni.
Interested? Register here!