Project Number: 612231
Project Manager: Dr. Johnny Søraker
Faculty of Behavioural Sciences
The Responsible-Industry project will design an Exemplar Implementation Plan of RRI in Industry to demonstrate how industry can work productively together with societal actors and integrate principles and methodologies
of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) into research and innovation processes. To achieve maximum impact where it is most needed, the implementation plan will focus on the grand challenge of health, demographic change and wellbeing. More specifically the project will focus on the role that research and innovation in ICT can play in addressing this challenge.
Responsible-Industry will guide interactive discussions between leading industry partners, established RRI experts, policy advisors and civil society organisations to drive the research and innovation process with the principles of RRI in mind. In doing so, Responsible-Industry will achieve the following objectives:
- Synthesis of current discourses on RRI in the industrial context, based on an extensive literature review, 30 in-depth interviews with industry thought leaders, 5 bottom-up case studies and 2 Horizon Scanning reports.
- Investigation, through practical cases and in depth dialogue with stakeholders (industry, CSOs, policy makers and emerging global stakeholders), of processes, challenges and opportunities leading to responsible innovation along specific value chains of products and applications.
- International Delphi Study of RRI in industry involving 130-150 stakeholders and an international Multi-Stakeholder workshop.
- Development of a detailed implementation plan to be tested in at least 4 pilot projects.
- Reflection on the viability of the implementation plan, supported by least 15 industry-driven focus groups.
- Development of models of RRI in industry as a basis of specific recommendations to be disseminated to the various stakeholders through an Exemplar Implementation Plan of RRI in Industry.
Project duration: January 1, 2014 – July 1, 2017
Project budget: 1.6 M-€ / 1.5 M-€ funding
Number of person/months: 207.4 person months
Project Coordinator: DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY
Participants: DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus, FUNDACION TECNALIA RESEARCH & INNOVATION, Universiteit Twente, ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA PER LA RICERCA INDUSTRIALE – AIRI, FRIEDRICH-ALEXANDER-UNIVERSITAT ERLANGEN NURNBERG, EUCLID NETWORK LIMITED BY GUARANTEE, TEKNOLOGIAN TUTKIMUSKESKUS VTT
Project budget CTIT: 132.8 k-€ / 132.8 k-€ funding
Number of person/years CTIT: 13.8 person months
Involved groups: Philosophy (Phil)
CTIT Research Centre: Centre for Telemonitoring and Smart Coaching