The International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) is the organisation that links many of the national computer societies throughout the world. Within IFIP, some 13 Technical Committees (TCs) with 101 Working Groups are united.
From January 1, 2013, Aiko Pras will become Chair of the IFIP TC6 Communication Systems. He will take over from Prof. Guy Leduc, of the Université de Liège.
TC6 has 12 Working Groups :
- Working Group 6.1: Architectures and Protocols for Distributed Systems
- Working Group 6.2: Network and Internetwork Architectures
- Working Group 6.3: Performance of Communication Systems
- Working Group 6.4: Internet Applications Engineering
- Task Force 6.5: Secure Networking
- Working Group 6.6: Management of Networks and Distributed Systems
- Working Group 6.7: Smart Networks
- Working Group 6.8: Mobile and Wireless Communications
- Working Group 6.9: Communications Systems for Developing Countries
- Working Group 6.10: Photonic Networking
- Working Group 6.11: Communication Aspects of the E-World
- Working Group 6.12: Services-Oriented Systems
Aiko Pras was since 2008 Chair of one of Working Groups of TC6 : WG6.6 Management of Networks and Distributed Systems.