- An AMI@Work Forum Day will be held on 22 June 2005, back-to-back with the ICE Conference in Munich, Germany.
- Preparations continue for the AMI@Work family of communities Spring Event in Gdansk, Poland, now confirmed to take place on Wednesday-Friday, 20-22 April 2005, starting with a Communities Day, to be followed by a Plenary Day, and a Networking and Partnering Day.
An internet site on research themes for FP7 is now available at http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/future/themes/index_en.html. The page provides information about the ongoing work to identify thematic domains for the purpose of the Commission's proposal for the 7th Framework Programme, together with links to various relevant thematic fora and documents.
Should you be preparing an IST proposal for EU research, please note that the most demanding threshold to pass in the evaluation is ‘Scientific and Technological Excellence’, with a threshold value of 4/5. Successful IST RTD proposals will be based on scientific and technological excellence, beyond the current state of the art. Also a cross-disciplinary system approach or systemic innovation will build on enabling technological innovation. You will find the IST Work Programme 2005-2006 at http://www.cordis.lu/ist/workprogramme/fp6_workprogramme.htm.
4th Call for Proposals, closing 22 March 2005:
- 2.4.5 Mobile and Wireless Systems and Platforms Beyond 3G
- 2.4.9 ICT Research for Innovative Government
- 2.4.13 Strengthening the Integration of the ICT research effort in an Enlarged Europe
5th Call for Proposals, to open in May 2005, closing 21 September 2005:
- 2.5.8 ICT for Networked Businesses
- 2.5.9 Collaborative Working Environments
- 2.5.11 e-Inclusion
We are currently negotiating COMIST, a Specific Support Action in Ambient Intelligence at Work.