At least 1 month prior to the starting date of the Master’s assignment
- Student acquires a Master’s assignment project by consulting the staff of the chosen research group.
- Student, professor, and mentor/daily supervisor compose and agree on a project description.
- Student and professor sign the “MSc final project contract and Course List” for the Master’s assignment, to get consent for the proposed assignment and a confirmation you have to fulfilled all requirements for starting the Master’s assignment (also see here).
- Student submits the graduate contract to S&OA-TNW, who will pass it on to the Board of Examiners (mail: BOZ-CHE-CES@utwente.nl; but this is often done via the secretary of the research group).
At the start of the assignment
- Student signs safety rules provided by the secretary of the research group (if necessary)
- The secretary of the group registers the contact information of the student.
- The daily supervisor appoints a working space to the student, introduces the other staff members and plans the assignment.
During the assignment
- Student and daily supervisor have (a weekly) consultation.
- Student and daily supervisor make interim colloquium plans.
- Student and Master’s assignment committee plan at least two interim meetings.
Before the colloquium
- Student sets date and time for colloquium after consult with Master’s assignment committee.
- Student returns the form “Application MSc Colloquium” to S&OA-TNW (mail: BOZ-CHE-CES@utwente.nl) at least one month before the planned colloquium.
- The colloquium is announced internally by the secretary of the group.
- Student/S&OA arranges a room for the colloquium and presence of required audio-visual materials.
- Student invites guests for colloquium and may plan a drink.
- Student (with help of secretariat) takes care of reproduction and distribution of the report at least two weeks prior to the colloquium.
- Student hands over an electronic version of the thesis (PDF format) to S&OA.
- S&OA sends admission with unsigned diploma, temporary grade list and empty grade slip to the daily supervisor and informs the student.
- Student clears desk, possibly dismantles experimental set-up, returns books and backs up data.
After the colloquium
- Student signs diploma.
- Daily supervisor sends filled-in grade slip to S&OA.
- S&OA sends final grade list to student’s home address.
- Student signs out of programme at CSA via this link (and DUO).