applying for an activism grant - take notice
Duration of study programme plus 1 extra year (= C+1)
You are only eligible to activism grants if the board period falls within the C+1 period of your academic programme. C+1 = nominal study duration for the programme plus one extension year. Thus:
- Bachelor's students: within the first 4 year of the bachelor programme, as from the moment of first enrolment in a bachelors' programme in Higher Education.
- Master's students: within the first 2 year of the master programme, as from the moment of first enrolment of a one year masters' programme in Higher Education. For Masters' programmes of 2 or more years, the period will be extended with those years.
- The association submits the application before April 1st of the next calendar year through the online application form.
- As an individual student you will receive an email (UT mailbox), if your association has applied for grants in your behalf. You than need to complete the application with your data (BSN and IBAN).
Change in the board during the calendar year
If there is a change in the board during the calendar year, the grants must be divided between the members of both boards. Suggestion: enter in the script of you association a distribution formula (x/12e for one board and x/12e for the other).
Additional and Ad Hoc grants
Next to activism grants for board members (basic list), there are also grants for additional and ad hoc activities. The Student Union and umbrella boards together, allocates those grants to the qualified associations/organizations.
Activism grants and other support
- The activism grants are maximized to 12 grants per calendar year (in case of several board of committee memberships).
- When you have activism grants in the same period in which you apply for a Force Majeure Allowance (e.g. for illness), the activism grants will be deducted from the calculated delay.
- The activism grants are maximized to 18 grants for the whole period of enrollment at the UT. Top-level Sport/Arts Grants included.
Financial support out of the Profiling Fund (WHW 7.51) is not taxable. This means that you do not have to report your activism grants as income to the Dutch tax authorities
The amount of the grant
- Calendar year 2015: 286.15 per grant.
There are 1968 grants to allocate.
- Calendar year 2016: 281.57 per grant.
There are 2000 grants to allocate.
Financial support out of the Profiling Fund (WHW 7.51) is not taxable. This means that you do not have to report your activism grants as income to the Dutch tax authorities.