Good practices in higher education policy: formulation and implementation
This project is commissioned by the Ford Foundation and carried out by CHEPS in co-operation with the National Center for Higher Education Management Studies (NCHEMS). It focuses on policy formulation and implementation in higher education. In particular it aims to:
* Prepare background papers describing and analyzing policy formulation and implementation in several specific states/nations.
* Prepare case problems to be used as analytical and educational tools.
* Prepare products dealing with "good practice" in both policy formulation and implementation for use by policy analysts and policymakers.
* Reinforce and expand networks among academic, policy, and technical assistance centers that focus on higher education policy.
* Provide professional development and dissemination activities for both newcomers to the field and incumbents in policy analysis positions.